If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. That's a favorite chestnut when it comes to time management. As project managers, we are busy people with constant demands from stakeholders, team and client meetings, reports to create, and analysis of what's happening in the project. Project managers know that it is all about getting things done; there's no value in reports, meetings, and emails if they don't create results.
In this presentation, Joseph Phillips will share some proven time management techniques to get more done in less time. We'll explore some tools that you can take back and apply immediately to your work. Invest one hour in this session, utilize the tools, and then reap the rewards.
Joseph has more than 15 years of experience as a project management consultant, educator, technology consultant, business owner, and technical writer. He has consulted as a project manager for many businesses, including Berkeley National Laboratories, State Farm Insurance, Indiana University Hospitals, Mercedes-Benz, Chase Bank, and many others. Joseph is passionate about helping students pass the PMP certification exam. He has created and led both in-person and web-based seminars on project management, PMP certification, IT project management, program management, writing, business analysis, technical writing, and related topics. Joseph has written, co-authored, or served as a technical editor to more than 35 books on technology, careers, project management, and goal setting for MacMillan, McGraw-Hill, Pearson Education, and AMA Press. Joseph’s certifications include, Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), CompTIA Project+ Professional, CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer+, Certified ITIL Foundations Professional Author of multiple books, including the following:
- PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, McGraw-Hill,
- CAPM/PMP All-in-One Exam Guide, McGraw-Hill,
- PMP Project Management Lab Book, McGraw-Hill,
- The Certified Technical Trainer All-in-One Exam Guide, McGraw-Hill,
- IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, McGraw-Hill,
- Project Management for Small Business, American Management Association,
- Software Project Management for Dummies, For Dummies Publisher,
- The Lifelong Project, Amazon CreateSpace,
- Vampire Management: Why Your Job Sucks, Amazon CreateSpace