YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
ASGN Incorporated and its affiliates (“the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. ASGN Incorporated’s affiliates include Apex Systems, LLC, Creative Circle, LLC, CyberCoders, Inc., ECS Federal, LLC, Oxford Global Resources, LLC, and such other affiliates as we may acquire or launch from time to time.
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- Data Security
- Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
- Other Important Information
- California Information Sharing Disclosure
- European Economic Area (GDPR)
1. Information We Collect About You
We collect, maintain, and use different types of personal information in the context of our relationship or potential relationship with you. The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use the information.
|Context||Categories of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Information|
|Contact Information||We collect items such as name, title, work and/or personal email address, and telephone numbers (including your mobile number).||We have an interest in communicating with our clients concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing, and to communicate with applicants and potential applicants regarding general questions and the application process, including reminders about interviews and documentation we may need
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We may participate in behavior- based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites.||We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open or interact with our messages.||We have an interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have an interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your name, email address or postal address.||We share information about our services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We have an interest in sharing information about our services.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have an interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it. We also have an interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have an interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites.|
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, online job sites, or other publicly available sources. If you provide us a mobile phone number, you agree to receive text messages from the Company. Text messages will be sent to notify you of a position or keep you updated on activities relevant to your application process, which may include reminders.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide services to your business or employer;
- To conduct analytics;
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests;
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our services;
- To comply with laws or regulations to which the Company is subject;
- To comply with our contractual obligations;
- To detect and prevent fraud or crime;
- To enforce, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- To investigate potential misconduct; and
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
4. Sharing Your Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we share your personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Business Transfers. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control) in the course of our normal business operations. If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, any part of our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Legal or Regulatory Requests and Investigations. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws or regulations. We may also need to share your personal information with tax authorities, courts, regulators, the police and other governmental authorities where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- Protection of the Company or Others. We may share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of services.
5. Data Security
We maintain reasonable physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to help protect your personal information against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure, modification, or destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any privacy or security event relating to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
6. Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Notification of Employment Opportunities. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send employment or candidate opportunities to you. You can stop receiving these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive these emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Request access to your personal information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. There may be instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal information. You may request that we correct your personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete or delete your personal information. There may be instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse a deletion request. For example, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights (to the extent these rights are provided to you by law), you may:
- Call us at 800-536-1390; or
- Submit your request online.
Note that, as required by law, we may require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call, email, online portal, or in person. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, title, phone number, email address, or recent job information.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require that you verify that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf, as well as verify your own identity directly with us.
If you are an authorized agent, you may submit a request on behalf of an individual by calling 800-536-1390, or submitting the request online.
7. Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Minors. This site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children.
- Effective Date. This policy is effective as of December 31, 2019
- Last Revised: July 1, 2020
8. California Information Sharing Disclosure
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, transferred for “valuable consideration,” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). We do not “sell” your personal information. The table below indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Please note that because this list is comprehensive, it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself.
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect||To Whom We Disclose Personal Information for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, geolocation data, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Professional or employment-related information||
9. International Data Transfers/Users from the European Economic Area
International Data Transfers
AGSN may transfer your Personal Information (or Personal Data under GDPR) to countries other than the one in which you live. To the extent that Personal Information is transferred abroad, AGSN will ensure compliance with the requirements of the applicable laws in the respective jurisdiction in line with our obligations. Specifically, we use European Union Model Clauses (“Model Clauses”) also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the EEA, Switzerland and the UK and for other international transfers of Customer Data as relevant.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are an individual resident in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), ASGN collects and processes information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable European Union laws. In that regard, ASGN is the controller of the information that you provide. The legal basis depends on how you use the Website including (1) our need to collect and use the information to provide our services to you; (2) it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests; or (3) you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, although, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the services.
How to Access or Control Your Information
The General Data Protection Directive (“GDPR”) grants individuals residing in the EEA certain rights with respect to their information. These include the right to request a copy of your information, to object to Our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. To communicate with our Data Protection Officer or to exercise these rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.
The GDPR provides that we may limit or deny your requests in certain cases. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we have compelling legitimate interests to keep, including as required by law. You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed if you have concerns about your rights.
Other International Users
The Website is hosted in the United States of America (“U.S.”). If you are a consumer accessing the Website from Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from laws of the U.S., your continued use of the Website, which is governed by U.S. law and these terms, indicates your consent to transfer of your information to the U.S.