Learn more about Apex's STEM community partnerships and philanthropy efforts to close the workforce opportunity divide.
Apex's STEM partnerships include community-focused educational organizations that upskill individuals to help launch their technology and business careers. Our staff has supported these organizations by being guest speakers and providing insight and tips about their career paths. Staff also partake in mock interviews, mentorships, give presentations, donate business clothes, host tours of our local offices throughout North America, and more.
Apex is proud of our work with nonprofits as we strive to improve technology skills gaps and make a difference by preparing individuals for a prosperous career in IT.
- Our partnership with Year Up dates back to 2017. Apex staff across the country have participated in career fairs, volunteered on panels, hosted career readiness events, mentored students, held business clothing drives, and more. In the last 6 years, we have placed over 600 Year Up graduates.
- Another one of our partners, CompTIA, provides technology education to diverse groups such as veterans, moms returning to the workforce, and at-risk young adults in low-income areas.
- We also work with Per Scholas to help close the technical skills divide. Per Scholas provides a tuition-free program that combines professional skills development with hands-on technical training. We partner with the organization on a national scale to bring value to learners through informational webinars, panel discussions, mock interviews, and access to career readiness resources.
- 2U and edX team up with partner with non-profit universities and corporate partners to bring high-quality, affordable education to over 40 million learners worldwide.
"We continue to be grateful for how Apex teams have leaned in, providing career opportunities, advice, coaching, and philanthropic support."
Through Apex's Veteran Redeployment Initiative, we have implemented philanthropy, strategies, and partnerships that provide upskilling and career opportunities specifically focused on supporting veterans, transitioning military, and military spouses. We've have Military Friendly Employer and Military Spouse Friendly Employer awards and are a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Company. Below are some of our veteran-focused partners.
- We are a corporate partner with Vets2PM, an organization that helps veterans interested in a Project Management career get their PMP. We support their students and alumni with project management, leadership, and soft skills training, career readiness and job searching advice, and job placements. We are also a host company with Vets2PM in regard to our DoD IT/Cyber Security Skill Bridge program, providing upskilling opportunities to transitioning service members.
- We've partnered with Hire Heroes USA, a veteran employment non-profit organization, to support them with their mission to empower military members, veterans, and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. Together we accomplish this through employment assistance, mentorship, fundraisers, and special events.
- Additional partnerships include Microsoft Software and Systems Academy (MSSA) for Veterans and Microsoft Spouse Technology Academy (MSTA) for military spouses. We coordinate with MSSA, which provides training for high-demand careers in cloud development, cloud administration, cybersecurity administration, or database and business intelligence administration.
Technical Community Involvement
Each Apex branch gets involved in their local tech communities through meetup groups or nearby IT schools and coding academies. Below are a few highlights of our tech-community involvement.
- Tech Elevator offers a software development track. We get involved with our partner's mission to help individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workplace.
- 2U has a mission to bridge the digital skills gap by supporting their non-profit college and university partners and their students with boot camps that teach skills needed to succeed in today's technological age. They offer tracks in web development, data analytics, UX/UI design, cybersecurity, fintech, digital marketing, technology project management, and product management.
- Grow with Google offers a program in IT support, user experience (UX) design, data analytics, digital marketing & e-commerce, or project management.
- Opportunity @ Work has a mission to rewire the labor market so that individuals Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs) can work, learn, and earn their full potential. STARs are at least 25 years old, currently active in the workforce, and have a high school diploma but no bachelor’s degree.
- Merit America is a national nonprofit organization that creates fast, flexible pathways to family-sustaining careers for Americans without 4-year degrees.
Are you interested in getting involved in our STEM-focused philanthropic efforts? Are you interested in a new career path or expanding your IT skillsets? Send an email to [email protected] for more information.