Although new sources are reporting that COVID numbers are currently decreasing, we want to make you aware that all employees are eligible to order a limited number of free At-Home COVID Tests through the U.S. government. Additionally, if you currently participate in Apex's UHC healthcare plan, new legislation also allows you to be reimbursed for the out-of-pocket cost of At-Home COVID Tests (with certain limitations), so long as those tests are not being used for travel or employment purposes. See below for two ways you can order test kits today:
Order Free Kits Online through the Government
This is the quickest and easiest way to order free test kits for your home! Limitations apply, see below for more details:
- Order by going to https://www.covidtests.gov/
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes four individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Orders ship free and directly from USPS typically within 7-12 days
UHC allows reimbursement for a SINGLE test kit up to $12. In order to maximize your reimbursement, you should buy SINGLE TEST KITS ONLY. Here’s an example of what a single test kit looks like from CVS.
Things to remember when using the reimbursement option:
- You can only get EIGHT SINGLE TEST KITS every 30 days
- Maximum cost that can be reimbursed is $12 per single kit
- Coverage started as of 1/15/2022. Any kits purchased before that date will not be covered
CVS/Caremark offers a quick and secure way for a member to submit a request for reimbursement by clicking, www.caremark.com :
- “Plan & Benefits” from the top menu bar
- Then “Submit Prescription Claim” from the menu bar on the left
- Then selecting “Submit at-home COVID-19 test reimbursement claim” from the middle menu.
If you have any questions, reach out to Contractor Care at 866-612-2739 or email [email protected].
For Internal Apex Employees:
If you have any questions, please submit a Benefits Ticket for immediate assistance.