Whether you work remotely, hybrid, or you’re in the office everyday, tune in to learn how you can inspire colleagues and create an environmentally sustainable workplace. Learn what ASGN companies, Creative Circle and Apex, are doing to encourage sustainability amongst colleagues and green living tips from our very own ASGN Director of Sustainability, Shea Cunningham.
We will focus on:
- Available energy and water efficiency resources
- Easy ways to reduce waste
- Green cleaning tips
- Fun group actions to encourage participation in Earth Month and beyond
***If you missed our 'Climate Challenge: Shared Responsibilities in Shaping a Sustainable World,' watch it on-demand at https://www.apexsystems.com/event/philanthropy/climate-challenge-shared-responsibilities-shaping-sustainable-world
Shea Cunningham is ASGN’s Director of Sustainability. She is a sustainability planning expert with over 20 years of hands-on experience across multiple industry sectors, from the community to international levels.
As the principal of Balanced Approach, she co-founded Culver City’s Sustainable Business Certification Program, which under her management, has certified 77 businesses as sustainable, annually saving an estimated 4.7 million gallons of water and 345,000 kWh of energy, and diverting 24,000 pounds of waste from the landfill, and avoiding 247 metric tons of greenhouse gases.
Shea was also the founding director of the US Department of Education Green Ribbon Award-winning sustainability program for the Culver City Unified School District, and has provided sustainability planning services to Sony Pictures, Athens Services, the City of Malibu and the Malibu Foundation.
She is the lead author of “Our Climate Crisis: A Guide for SoCal Communities in the Wildland Urban Interface,” and co-author of many other policy reports, articles and books.
Shea was an analyst for the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (Paris, France) and established and managed Focus on the Global South (in Bangkok, Thailand). She holds an MA in Urban and Regional Planning from the UCLA School of Public Policy and is a LEED Green Associate. In 2021, Shea was awarded the Women in Business Leadership Visionary Award from the Culver City Chamber of Commerce.
ASGN’s Sustainability Micro-site: https://asgn.com/esg/sustainability
Want to support an environmental initiative/nonprofit? Here are 4 nonprofits Shea recommends if you’d like to make a donation to one of these organizations! If you're an internal Apex employee (and have an @apexsystems.com email address), we ask that you donate via Millie, our corporate philanthropy giving platform/tool.
- Earth Justice – Internal Apex employees can donate via Millie at https://app.milliegiving.com/nonprofits/94-1730465/earthjustice & external can donate via https://earthjustice.org/
- GreenPeace – Internal can donate at https://app.milliegiving.com/nonprofits/52-1541501/greenpeace-inc & external via https://greenpeacefund.org/
- The Environmental Defense Fund – Internal can donate at https://app.milliegiving.com/nonprofits/11-6107128/environmental-defense-fund-incorporated & external via https://www.edf.org/
- The Nature Conservancy – Internal can donate via https://app.milliegiving.com/nonprofits/53-0242652/nature-conservancy & external via https://www.nature.org/en-us/