What would you do if you had one year to complete the largest project of your life? Where would you begin? What questions would you ask? What resources would you rely on? What processes and procedures would you want to use to ensure that your project was successful?
Now ask, what if you treated the next year of your life as a project?
A few years ago I was at the lowest point in my life, deep in debt, just out of a divorce, and a single dad. My business was failing, along with the economy, and I didn't know how I'd ever recover from my self-created mess.
I needed something, anything, to back away from the edge and get my life moving in a new direction. I believed that all I had was project management. I held that assumption because I'd written five books on project management, delivered project management seminars for over a decade, and consulted for organizations across the globe.
So I asked, what if you treat the next year of your life as a project? It was a challenge to press on, an opportunity to learn and to grow, and a commitment to try just one more time.
I'm not a psychologist, a Zen guru, or some New Age zealot. I am a man that's learned and applied some universal truths to get what I want into and out of my life. If I can do it, you can too. Let me show you how.
In this hands-on course you will learn how you can treat your life as a project. You'll create requirements, project plans, discover immediate actions to execute, identify the constraints that are anchoring your ambitions, and much, more.
Joseph has more than 15 years' experience as a project management consultant, educator, technology consultant, business owner, and technical writer. He has consulted as a project manager for a range of businesses, including startups, hospitals, architectural firms, and manufacturers. Joseph is passionate about helping students pass the PMP certification exam. He has created and led both in-person and web-based seminars on project management, PMP certification, IT project management, program management, writing, business analysis, technical writing, and related topics. Joseph has written, co-authored, or served as the technical editor to more than 35 books on technology, careers, project management, and goal setting for MacMillan, McGraw-Hill, Pearson Education, and AMA Press.
- CompTIA Project+ Professional
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer+
- Certified ITIL Foundations Professional
- Professional Scrum Master
Joseph is the author of the following:
- PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide
- McGraw-Hill CAPM/PMP All-in-One Exam Guide
- McGraw-Hill PMI-ACP All-in-One Exam Guide
- McGraw-Hill PMP Project Management Lab Book
- McGraw-Hill The Certified Technical Trainer All-in-One Exam Guide
- McGraw-Hill IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish
- McGraw-Hill Project Management for Small Business
- American Management Association Software Project Management for Dummies
- For Dummies Publisher The Lifelong Project
- Amazon CreateSpace Vampire Management: Why Your Job Sucks, Amazon CreateSpace