A leading healthcare non-profit leverages our Cloud solution to modernize applications, driving innovation and reducing spend.
Our client wanted to consolidate legacy systems supporting four disparate business units into a single solution using an Azure platform. In addition, the client needed a solution that would be flexible enough to migrate data from projected future acquisitions. They needed a proof-of-concept for a scalable solution within a nine week timeframe related to design, build, test, and deploy.
Pipeline Design Increased Velocity for Future
Our engagement team deployed a team of cloud engineers and business systems analysts to design, build, test, and deploy an Azure platform proof-of-concept. Our team conducted the below activities as part of our solution:
- Our business systems analysts partnered with each of the business unit leads to define and create a system-to-target data map. This effort included creating mock data for testing data flows to support the future acquisitions.
- One of our lead architects worked with the client principals to define the highest value business objectives to demonstrate a viable and robust solution.
- Our ETL developers used metadata in the pipeline designs, which provided for rapid scaling with reduced friction.
- To track and monitor batch loads, we also created a custom notification solution which sent processing status updates to the relevant business owners and client technical leads.
Our team delivered the following results
- We delivered the Cloud proof-of-concept eight weeks, ahead of targeted nine weeks.
- The metadata pipeline design increased the velocity of subsequent pipeline deployments.
- The time savings allowed the client to harden the POC and get an early start with follow-on migration activities.
- The custom code our team developed added significant value, as it provided the client with an early e-mail warning protocol targeted to towards acquisition data transfer issues.
As a result of the quality of our output, our team was scaled and extended to deliver the full migration effort.