A government health organization leverages our Support Service Centers solution to standardize and automate its credentialing process.
In compliance with a federal directive, our client required the establishment of a standardized tracking system for secure and reliable credentialing for all personnel with access to federally controlled facilities and information systems. In order to move from the current manual process to an automated process, the client needed to implement Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credential enrollment and issuance capabilities, while transitioning to PIV-compliant badges for contractors and employees.
We provided a team of consultants to assist in the client’s efforts of reaching compliance. Their tasks included:
Achieved federal compliance by developing automated processes
- Application and system support, including front-line technical troubleshooting
- Oversight and training on the operation and usage of applications and equipment
- Assessment and verification of identity-proofing documents
- Compliance reporting and metrics derived from the newly implemented process
Moving our client’s standardized tracking system from a manual to an automatic process, our solution generated the following results for the client:
- A process to track implementation of credentialing system, applications and equipment compliance
- Assurance of the validity of identity-proofing documentation
- A knowledge base for training and first level technical support
- A streamlined business process for tracking label changes
This project was completed on time and within budget.