Cybersecurity Network Defense Analyst
Cybersecurity Network Defense Analyst
Client Industry: Professional Services and Information TechnologyJob Type: 6 month contract to hire
Location: Onsite in San Antonio, Texas
Schedule: Night shifts only available | Panama schedule: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. Works weekends and holidays.
Interview Process: 1 round
- Active DoD TS Clearance/SCI Eligible
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A Baseline Certification, CEH, CompTIA CySA+, CompTIA Network+ or CCNA
- For certifications listed above (last two bullet points), if you obtain at least one certification from the total and meet all other requirements, a contingency of being able to complete any additional Professional Certifications within 30-45 days of your start date to remain on the program.
An exciting and immediate opportunity for a Cybersecurity Network Defense Analyst to support the USAF Network Operations Security Center (NOSC). This position works on site and is a shift work position in a work center providing 24x7x365 support at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
If you want to use your advanced IT skills to support national security then this is the job for you. You’ll get to use leading edge technology as you sustain and defend the networks our Air Force warfighters use in the CENTCOM theater.
More About the Role
- Assist other active duty, government civilians, and contractors assigned to the same functional areas.
- Provide technical reports, meeting minutes, program plans, concepts of operations, contingency plans, and related documentation as identified for task deliverables.
- Prepare and disseminate operational reports.
- Support real-time monitoring of all assigned IPS/IPS deployed and supporting the mission.
- Monitor network traffic to provide event correlations of operational traffic from multiple locations to determine network security posture.
- Use standard/provided network tools to evaluate traffic for incident response analysis.
- Coordinate and execute JTF-GNO Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) notices.
- Maintain IDS/IPS devices.
- Perform IDS/IPS Real-Time Monitoring Analysis.
- Perform Network Event Correlation/Advanced Traffic Analysis.
- Perform Incident Response & Analysis.
- Perform Vulnerability Analysis.
- Perform IDS/IPS Sensor installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Provide IDS/IPS Database & VPN Technical Support.
- Conduct Network Defense Training.
- Support Standardization & Evaluation (Stan/Eval) activities.
- Perform Operational Process Tracking and Processing.
- Provide Systems and Exercise Planning support
- Prepare Network Defense Technical Reports.
- Prepare and present oral and written technical communications.
You will also be required to:
- Provide oral and written briefs, presentations, and professional reports to Government senior leaders and decision makers.
- Provide on-call support via cell phone after hours, on weekends and holidays.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance / SCI eligible
- B.S. in related field, AND 5 or more years’ relevant IT experience; OR 7 or more years’ relevant IT experience.
- MCP (Server) - proof of passing Microsoft Exam 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals will satisfy this requirement (or min. 3 yrs. Microsoft Server expertise)
- 5 years minimum of Traffic and Log Analysis experience
- Possess the following skill sets:
- Extensive knowledge of network firewalls, computer, and server log analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of digital evidence collection, handling, and security.
- Experience with computer incident response and analysis and report dissemination.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with network packet capture and analysis software such as WireShark (Ethereal) and Snort.
- Experience with standard DoD network topology and DMZ boundary protection.
- Experience with system analysis software (i.e. EnCase/EnCase Enterprise or FTK), software coding and debugging, and the virtual machine (VM) environment.
- Experience with DoD/AF incident reporting processes.
- Familiarity with NSA Threat Operations Center (NTOC) Attack, Sensing & Warning (AS&W) alerts and processing.
- Knowledge and experience constructing, executing, and troubleshooting SQL DB queries.
- Knowledge and experience with the DOD Centaur analysis system.
- Possess experience with DoD/AF incident reporting processes; knowledge of threat visualization applications; extensive knowledge of digital evidence collection, handling, and security; experience with computer incident response and analysis, and report dissemination; extensive knowledge of DoD and AF network operations regulations; knowledge and experience processing Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) notices.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
- Experience working in DoD, Air Force, and local base environments
- ITIL Foundation
please send resumes to [email protected] if interested
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.