We are looking for a team-oriented person with a deep understanding of database administration (SQL Server and Sybase) to help support the client. Above all we are looking for someone that is passionate about public service, building positive team culture, innovative, and adheres to industry best practices. This individual must be able to troubleshoot under difficult circumstances, lead highly complex projects, implement new policies and procedures, and maintain a good rapport with agency staff at all levels.
The Database Administrator Specialist takes on the role of assisting with database structure and design, implementing, and maintaining the database environment, participating in enterprise efforts as needed, and ensuring compliance with security and integrity needs across the database environment.
- Assist in data architecture and database design.
- Install, configure, and upgrade Microsoft SQL software.
- Database Security & Integrity
- Follow, implement, and maintain Security Practices, Policies, and Procedures.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices.
- Innovate to provide customers with appropriately secured data environments.
- Ensure appropriate Access and Availability.
- Proactively monitor and ensure all database servers are current in all patches and security updates.
- Database backups and restores.
- SQL scripting
- Shell scripting
- PowerShell scripting
- Database performance optimization/tuning
- Application/solution incident response SME
- Provide audit responses.
So, if you are a self-motivated person with a proven track record who wants a challenge and to work in a high paced and team-oriented environment, we are really interested in hearing from you.
This person should embrace diversity and the commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To be successful in this position, the individual will need to demonstrate a good work ethic, integrity, a positive attitude, and the ability to embrace new challenges.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.