Apex Systems is hiring for a Data Engineer in support of the State of Alabama! Position is located 100% on-site in Montgomery, AL.
If this is something you are interested in hearing more about, please send an updated resume to Jordan at [email protected] and reference job #1372208.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: 100% on-site in Montgomery, AL
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs to support the Agencys develop of a DataOps environment.
- Performs analyses, development and evaluation of DataOps processes and practices in a data lake/warehouse environment which includes data design, data systems, databases infrastructure/architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Uses data governance and data analysis tools.
- Reviews and validates data observability processes and analysis to support data quality, integrity, and accuracy.
- Interacts with user community to produce data pipelines understand their data product/reporting requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to users of the various data sources and advises users on optimal data sets effective, efficient data usage.
- Responsible for developing solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data extraction, transformation, loading, and cleansing.
- Provides technical assistance to users for data modeling formation and pipelines for optimal data delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of software tools, languages, scripts, and shells that effectively support the data warehouse environment in different operating system environments.
- Possesses working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of data pipelines, date fabrics, data mesh, data warehouse and data mart concepts.
- Working with data fabric and data mesh architectural design, development and support in multi-platform environments.
- Working on multiple projects as a team member and may lead projects of moderate complexity.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining an optimal pipeline architecture, typical duties and responsibilities for a Data Engineer position may include: Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery and automating manual processes.
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies.
- Building analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
- May coach more junior technical staff.
- 3-5 years in a professional level role with progressive experience as a member of a DataOPS team or unit.
- Knowledge of programming languages in combination with business needs to design, monitor and update data systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for interaction with various LOBs to address technical problems or data needs.
- An investigative mindset that enables them to troubleshoot issues with data systems and isolate defects in data process or software.
- 1-2 years experience in implementing practices outlined in Data Management Book of Knowledge (DMBOK).
- Experience working in a Health Care delivery or Payer environment such as an Medicaid, Medicare, or Integrated Health System.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.