Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Test Engineer
Apex Systems is looking for an executive-level System Test Engineer to join one of our top clients in NY City, NY!
>>>>>>>>>> To apply please send your resume to Hannah Abbott, [email protected]! <<<<<<<<<<<
The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Test Engineer is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise the City’s Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Test Engineer will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional & technical requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
The FMS/3 Integration/System Test Engineer will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and implementation. Test Engineer will be assigned to develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the FMS/3 Integration/System Test Engineer will interact with different City and Vendor staff assigned to the FMS/3-Passport R3 Project including business analysts, application architects, developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the FMS Integration/System Test Engineer will perform the following tasks:
• Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
• Develop functional & technical test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead’s test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Develop and prepare XML and/or JASON file template for FMS Test Engineers and project.
• Develop complex SQL query code and/or assist test engineers to develop and execute.
• Design & Develop back-end complex SQL queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead’s test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Update test development and execution progress into HP ALM test management tool
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing (including integrations of two systems) for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running & developing complex back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on testing (technical, integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems. (Advantage ERP package software strongly preferred)
• Minimum 10 years of experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Minimum 10 years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL, integration code with web services, middleware, etc.).
• Minimum 10 years hands-on testing with industry-standard defect tracking tools (HP ALM and Clear Quest preferred).
BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.