Lead Linux Sys Admin
- Responsible for activities related to the design, implementation, and administration of a complex, enterprise server infrastructure in support of TUHS business operations.
- Recommends, architects, and delivers technology solutions based on and business requirements.
- Works with and leads teams in executing technical solutions based on project plans and customer needs.
- Acts as the technical project leader for large scale projects.
- Responsible for monitoring the ongoing operation of the UNIX/Linux/AIX environment to enable proactive resolution of potential issues.
- Identifies problems and recommends corrective actions.
- Ensures routine hardware and software audits are conducted to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation, including configuration and design documentation.
- Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Interfaces effectively with associates, management, and clients in a team environment.
- Provides technical customer support and 24x7 on-call services for supported environments, as required.
- Bachelors Degree: in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. (Required)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 Years’ experience in large-scale, complex, infrastructure environments of which 2 years working in a hospital environment. (Required)
- 2 Years’ experience in Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) in a 24x7 environment. (Required)
- 5 Years’ experience in technical support of a production Linux/AIX Environment. (Required)
- Proficient experience with network protocols and design. (Required)
- Red Hat certified System Administrator (preferred)
- Red Hat Certified System Engineer (a plus)
- IBM Certified Specialist (a plus)
- Advanced level proficiency with UNIX and Linux Operating Systems in a large scale multi data center 24x7 environment (required)
- Advance proficiency with UNIX/Linux Server Setup, maintenance, configuration, and Support (a plus)
- Advanced level proficiency with Virtualization environments and software, including automation methods (required)
- Advanced level proficiency with physical hardware installation, configuration and support in a multiple data center environment, including remote management
- Advanced level proficiency with Server monitoring applications and concepts
- Advanced level proficiency with Server configuration and update (patching) applications and methods (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Advanced level proficiency in server security best practices, baselining, remediation
- Experience with storage platforms like Hitachi and Pure is a plus
- Analytical Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Word
- Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Troubleshooting skills involving UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 6.x and up and other Linux platforms), IBM AIX (Power 7 and up) Servers both physical and virtual, storage as it relates to these Servers, Server security best practices and remediation, VMWare as related to server installation and troubleshooting.
Please send your/their resume to [email protected] if you or someone you know is interested! Thank you.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.