Process Safety Engineer
Apex Systems has an immediate need for a Process Safety Engineer at our clients flagship manufacturing facility located in Joliet, IL. If you are a dedicated professional with a proven track record of success in Process Safety Engineering, we invite you to apply by emailing your resume to Jenny DeMaria at [email protected].
The Process Safety Engineer is responsible for compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) program and Risk Management Plan (RMP) requirements at the companys flagship manufacturing facility and, when requested, providing PSM program assistance to other plants or facilities within the network.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering competitive pay and benefits
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools and technology
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Maintains all process safety information and other documentation necessary to conduct PHAs or PHA revalidations.
- Maintains and updates the Plant Risk Management Plan (RMP). The PSM Specialist coordinates submittal of plan updates with the EPA and local governmental agencies.
- Develops PSM procedures, maintains existing procedures, and ensures their appropriate use at the Plant. These procedures include, but are not limited to, Management of Change (MOC), Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Incident Investigation, and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Leads PHA or PHA revalidation sessions for the Plant. The PSM Specialist may also coordinate and schedule PHA sessions with third-party contractors for large projects.
- Provide training on PSM and RMP requirements to new employees and refresher training to existing employees at the Plant.
- Manages and leads incident investigations and root cause analysis (RCA) as needed.
- Provides technical support during asset Safety/PSM audits and serves as an audit team member/leader on division and corporate audits.
- Monitors adequacy and closure of corrective action items related to incident investigations, RCAs, audits, PHA recommendations, MOC action plans, agency inspections, etc.
- Provides support to plant engineering in improving their safety competency and skillsets.
- Supports the guiding principles of Responsible Care to continually improve the plant’s safety, health, environmental performance, process safety, security, and efforts to respond to public concerns relating to design, development, manufacture, storage, marketing, distribution, use and ultimate safe disposal of chemical products.
- Supports and is committed to the Quality Improvement Process. Plans strategies to ensure error-free work by “doing it right the first time” and conveys this attitude in the daily performance of various duties.
- Supports and incorporates the activities of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) into ongoing work duties through teamwork within and across departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety, Process Safety Management or similar technical field
- 3 years of safety/PSM experience
- Employees in this position must possess a strong knowledge of PSM and RMP regulations
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this position
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to deal with various levels of employees, management, vendors, and customers
- Certifications such as CSP, PSP, PE, etc. are preferred.
- Completion of the 5-day TapRoot incident investigation process training is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.