Engineer- Construction - III
Apex Systems is hiring for a Construction Engineer III position in West Jordan, Utah. To apply, send your resume to [email protected]
Site: 9656 S Prosperity Rd ~ ~ West Jordan UT USA 84088
Were investing in our network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
You will be supporting the implementation team across 8 Western states with all types of project objectives for the securing and building of wireless assets, escalating issues internally and externally to meet deliverables, managing project budget internally and with vendors, and reporting status of deliverables.
* Provide financial management of projects from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service including.
* Daily activities include financial and schedule management as well as interfacing with vendors via calls and meetings.
* Creating Material Requests
* Forecast future needs based on project start dates
* Ensure proper tracking of all components of numerous projects
* Track Capital budget requirements related to the cell site deployment
* Monitor all expenditures
* Prepare purchase orders and ensure vendor payment
* Equipment Procurement & Optimization
* Oversee equipment receipt and acceptance.
* Identifying, monitoring, reporting and escalating project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
* Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
* Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
* Maintaining excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
You are the type of person who sees a problem and gets it fixed no matter what. You enjoy the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards an expedient solution. Youre great at being detail oriented and thrive under the pressure of a deadline, but are also willing to be flexible when the situation is right. You are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in the Wireless business and deployment of wireless cell sites
* Experience with project financial management as well as expense and/or capital budgets.
* Technical or project management experience.
* Knowledge of PC and software applications including Microsoft and G Suite.
* Proficient use of spreadsheets and databases
* Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
* Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
* Experience making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
4Yr Degree or 5 years wireless experience
High School Diploma/GED required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.