Lead Payroll Developer
3 days a week onsite in alpharetta, GA
This team is made up of Developers and Technical minded folks who are working on building out Next Gen Payroll polices out for all of the company clients.
This Payroll Policies they are building enables payroll experts/practitioners/SMEs to configure these policies for their country/client to be able to run it.
At least 5+ years of dedicated Policy experience (US Based). This experience can come from a number of different roles,
Strong Excel user – Will utilize macros while testing some of these policies.
Experience/expertise with one or more payroll system:
Day to Day: These resources will work to develop these payroll policies. They will own one of the two areas they support (Business OR Statutory).
Will work to understand the business requirements
Develop the policies themselves using Online Editor - will be trained on this
Test the policies themselves using Excel
education in software programming is a Plus.
The Policy Developer is mainly responsible for policy development of existing feature changes or
development of new features
• A Policy Developer will be responsible to analyze and list the impact of the changes on the various
• A Policy Developer will work closely with the subject matter expert (SME) and/or feature lead to get a
clear understanding of the requirements as well as raise concerns and questions if applicable.
• In most cases the SME will be responsible for the write-up and SBE, but it might also be the
responsibility of the Policy Developer in some cases.
• After analysis the policy developer will be responsible to implement these changes and manage the
impact, these changes will have in the various areas. Examples:
• If it is an existing policy (Analysis and impact on current clients)
• Downstream changes
• Inference SBE, Inference and onboarding
• In case of a business policy - how it will impact the statutory policies and legislation and the
changes required for implementation.
• Day to day tasks:
• Attend all team meetings and trainings so that you are up to date all upcoming developments
• Keep your repositories up to date before and during development.
• Implement changes in the policy editor as per the SMEs requirements.
• Adjust or create instances in the policy templates repository where necessary.
• Create component instance test where applicable.
• Test the policy logic on IntelliJ (Policy Templates) repository
• Test the pi services and instance values on IntelliJ
Roles & Responsibilities of a Policy Developer - Pi - Payroll Innovation...
• Full E2E testing will sometimes be the responsibility of the Policy developer and in some cases
another team member.
• Develop Inference SBE
• Develop Inference rules where applicable
• Develop Inference validations where applicable
• Develop Inference integration tests
• Develop and implement downstream changes
• Once development is complete you will create a pull request into the selected environment.
• Present your changes and results to the team and get approval on your pull request.
• Once the changes is merged, monitor the environment and confirm that the build is successful.
• Once you are ready to promote your work and those of you team members using the same
environment, communicate and issues with the team and get it resolved.
• As per the team leadership guidance prepare for promotion and promote your environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.