Customer Technical Specialist I (Chicago)
HYBRID CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SPECIALIST OPENING
Role: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL
100% Remote with onsite as needed at customer request
Pay Rate: Competitive based on experience
All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at [email protected]
Apex Systems Inc. has a need for a CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SPECIALIST to become part of our client’s Health Solutions Management division, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government. The qualified individual will become part of a program solution supporting HHS/OIG. The IT Service Desk Technician provides technical assistance to computer users, answers questions; resolves computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically; provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Each position will be located within the geographical location of an HHS OIG regional office and will provide service to clients located in multiple states. position requires travel within the assigned geographical area.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 4 Years experience with-in a Help Desk environment
- This position requires US Citizenship and ability to obtain public trust clearance
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide responsive, reliable, and consistent service delivery.
- Provide IT services that appropriately respond to the time-sensitive needs of customers,
- Provide prompt referrals and escalations to an appropriate IT support service option.
- Meet all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) including, but not limited to, speed to answer, first contact resolution, and limits on aged tickets.
- Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Respond to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues related to applications and web applications.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.