Payment Application Specialist lI
Apex Systems is seeking a Payment Application Specialist to join our clients team in San Diego, CA!
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience related to the responsibilities of the Payment Application Specialist and at least one year of college accounting courses.
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected].
Location: San Diego CA 92123
Duration: 3 month contract with potential to extend
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm (may have flexibility with hours)
This is an onsite role.
Responsibilities of the Payment Application Specialist II:
- Researches, audits, reconciles and applies all cash receipts to Hospital AR accounts.
- Is able to interpret explanations of benefits (EOBs) and reconcile and apply payments, recoupments, and provider level adjustments (PLBs).
- Identifies external payments and non-patient payments and transfers them to the appropriate area/general ledger account.
- Processes denials with the correct denial/remittance codes and applies denials/payments to the appropriate liability bucket.
- Conducts in-depth research to resolve any balancing issues or to reconcile unidentified payments posted to clearing accounts.
- Identifies issues with ERAs/contractual calculations/payer compliance and escalates appropriately and recognizes and shares areas for process improvements.
- Is considered a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple areas of payment application and trains team members/documents processes/participates in workflow testing and other projects in order to improve the overall knowledge and function of their team.
- H.D Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 3 years of experience as a payment application specialist
- At least one year of college accounting courses
- Experience with identifying patient payments belonging to other areas associated with the hospital (ie. Physician Billing,
- Homecare, etc.) and transfers funds along with any necessary supporting documentation to this area.
- Payment posting experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.