Telephony / Unified Communications Engineer
Our great client in Downtown Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a Telephony / Unified Communications Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to [email protected].
Unified Communications Engineer with strong networking and telecommunications background. Should have hands-on experience in configuration, integration, and development of various telephony solutions including VOIP, SBC’s, SIP or similar. Accountabilities include the analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of infrastructure, software, and telephony solutions. Responsibilities include designing, documenting, and implementing functional and non-functional requirements using NM approved methodology. Also responsible for using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business needs to achieve strategic objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and long-term management of telephony related products and services.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to scope and launch new products, services, and features.
- Troubleshoot and debug VOIP integration and feature development issues.
- Optimize system performance and quality.
- Work with third party vendors to deliver and integrate solutions for the benefit of our customer base.
- Qualify and evaluate third party telephony products and solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and execute on disaster recovery / redundancy strategies.
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology.
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and enable/teach peers to be self-sufficient.
- Establish and maintain best practices as it relates to compliance, security, privacy, and legal requirements.
- Anticipate deviations from standard practices and find practical ways to move forward.
- Closely follow industry trends relevant to telephony and telephony products and understand how to apply them for the benefit of NM as appropriate.
- Break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable ones, and help others to do the same.
- Understand what tools are available and useful for your domain, how they work, and the sorts of situations and problems for which theyre useful.
- Bachelors degree in Telecom, Electrical Engineering and or Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of VOIP / Telecom relevant experience with software development, integration, and deployment of complete solutions.
- Experience with real-time communication that include voice, telephony (SBC’s), SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), QoS, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Hands on Knowledge of Java/Python/Go concurrency / multithreading and asynchronous is a plus.
- Experience with CICD concepts, and tools, branching strategies and leveraging knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product is a plus.
- Solid understanding of traditional or cloud computing technologies including Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.