Apex Systems is looking for a Contract Administrator in the Madison, WI area!
**For immediate consideration please send an updated copy of your resume to Angelia at [email protected] with "Contract Administrator in Madison,WI" in the subject line**
The Sourcing & Contract Administrator (SCA) is the lead resource and coordinator for the Strategic Projects department’s various Request for Proposal (RFP) events. In this role, the SCA will lead the RFP effort for multiple upcoming construction projects. As the RFP concludes and the project shifts to an active construction project, you may serve as the Contract Administrator up through project completion.
What you will do
• Work with the Project Management, Regulatory, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams within Alliant Energy, as well as our outside Owner’s Engineer, to compile RFP documents, manage the RFP schedule, and drive the RFP to completion.
• Review and understand the scope of the project, and help identify what services and equipment are needed for the project.
• Work with the project team to identify the contracting methodology – single source, multi-prime, designed by owner, designed by contractor, etc.
• Working alongside the Legal department, lead the creation and review of the RFP commercial documents, including the construction and/or supply agreements. Manage the review of the commercial documents with all relevant stakeholders. Manage the development of the various exhibits and documents to be included with the RFP.
• Manage the RFP process. Act as the single point of contact throughout the RFP process – from bidder questions, to compiling addendums, to leading the internal team through review and scoring.
• Assist the project team through contract negotiations.
• As contracts are awarded, may serve as the Contract Administrator, working with the project team to assure all contractual terms and conditions are met.
• If acting as Contract Administrator, lead multiple processes, such as Requests for Information (RFIs), Change Order Requests (CORs), invoices, etc.
• Engage and educate the project team on compliance with the contract throughout project execution.
• Bachelors Degree. Emphasis in technical, engineering, construction management, or supply chain strongly preferred.
• 15+ years of related experience in the construction and engineering industry
As part of the 15+ years of related experience in the construction and engineering industry, the ideal candidate will have:
• 5+ years supporting an Owner or Utility sourcing and / or contract administration team
• 5+ years of field construction management experience
• 3+ years supporting contract negotiations of large capital construction and procurement contracts
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with multiple contracting strategies.
• Ability to analyze problems complex nature and implement effective solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a complex, large team through a bidding event, from start to finish.
• Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e?mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management) preferred.
• Demonstrated strong contract development skills, including the development and implementation of risk mitigation, performance standards and measures, innovative pricing, and value-added opportunities with suppliers.
• Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders of the process.
• Specific knowledge and experience on large, utility scale thermal and renewable construction projects preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.