Job Description:Our client is searching for a Land Mobile Radio Technician. The company leads and maintains private communications networks in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee and provides critical communications services for a diverse customer base.
Title: Land Mobile Radio Technician
Location: Birmingham, AL. Some travel required
The duties require driving to different customer facilities throughout the state to perform a variety of installation and repairs. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and with a fast-paced schedule. Candidates must be able to pass a background check and have/maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Program, install and troubleshoot 2 way radio and dispatch equipment.
- Specializing in the programming, configuration and troubleshooting of field communication equipment.
- Knowledge of 2-way radio systems, serial radio systems, microwave and wireless system design, RF coverage analysis and microwave path design and tower site acquisition.
- Knowledge of LTE networks
- Degree(s) in electronics technology, telecommunications technology, computer science or relevant field
- Five or more years of experience in electronics and/or telecommunications maintenance, or other relevant experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.