Electrical Distribution Design Technologist 4
Job Description:Electrical Distribution Design Technologist 4
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider and our staffing practice has an opening for a Electrical Distribution Design Technologist 4 with 8+ years related relevant experience, a post secondary technologist diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, and thorough knowledge of applicable codes and standards experience to place at our client, a leader in the Utility industry. We have personally qualified the requirement with the hiring manager.
Client: A leader in the Utility industry
Terms: Permanent position
Perks: Bonus and benefits package
Location: Kelowna, on site.
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to [email protected]. Please reference Electrical Distribution Design Technologist 4.
- Performs a wide range of technical functions relating to the research, location, development, design and/or installation of overhead and underground electric distribution systems including:
- being accountable for the technical aspects of projects to include: project management, power line design, distribution equipment specification, metering, protective coordination, voltage and loading concerns, meeting all legislated acts, codes, standards and procedures
- studying and interpreting project requirements from a variety of available information and establishing project parameters, consulting with organizational groups within FortisBC and with external groups involved in the project, establishing criteria for system/technical improvements,
- selecting safe and economic line routes, satisfying numerous and varied construction and design criteria as well as customer needs, while taking into account present and future load requirements
- designing major modifications including investigating alternate designs/operating principles with consulting engineers, manufacturers, etc., evaluating technical alternatives,
- preparing or evaluating new designs or standards or adapting existing standards as necessary,
- preparing reports and making recommendations regarding the proposed system based on the technical and economic feasibility of proposed alternatives,
- preparing detailed engineering drawings, specifications, Bills of Material and cost estimates, reviewing tenders and drawings received for accuracy and conformity,
- selecting, expediting and controlling equipment and materials,
- performing a variety of complex technical calculations for related design proposals,
- Maintains liaison with internal and external groups such as other FortisBC departments, field staff, consultants, manufacturers, contractors and government agencies concerning technical work on assigned projects, visits field sites to resolve technical problems, evaluate equipment and gather data, coordinates field inspections by other regulatory groups.
- Performs a variety of duties related to above projects including preparing schedules and progress reports, monitoring progress, issuing drawings, preparing estimates, initiating correspondence, maintaining project records and files and assembling a variety of drawings, material lists, maps, survey data, photographs, environmental data and related information.
- Prepares CAD based drawings for construction package with reference to GIS information.
- Provides oversight of project deliverables for less experienced Design staff. Provides technical advice and guidance on aspects of assigned work to other design staff, clerks, technicians and tradesmen. Reviews work methods and procedures and recommends improvements.
- Participates on committees, special projects and business process teams.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Completion of recognized post secondary technologist diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Advanced computer literacy including familiarity with applications software in use in the department.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Eight (8) years directly related relevant experience.
- Valid British Columbia Drivers license.
If you are not a 99% match to the above, and want to be considered for other opportunities at our enterprise clients, register for our Talent Network where you can receive job alerts about new opportunities that match your interests.
Click here to Register for our Talent Network
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.