Web Application Administrator
Security Clearance: DOD Secret (Fully Adjudicated), as a minimum
Required Certifications: Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSA - SQL Server, etc.)
This exciting position is for a Web and Application Administrator supporting our client, a managed service provider (MSP) for Army IT systems, in their commercial cloud operations primarily within Microsoft Azure (Gov/DoD). Our client specializes in assisting enterprise application owners with migrating their systems to Microsoft Azure and provides ongoing sustainment services to support their applications. As a Web and Application Administrator with Apex Systems, you will offer a comprehensive suite of web and application administration capabilities to our clients cloud customers.
Why Work for Apex Systems?
- Generous PTO and Holidays: We understand the importance of work-life balance, offering competitive paid time off and holiday benefits.
- Exciting Projects: Engage in meaningful work that supports national security and defense, contributing to groundbreaking cloud technology advancements.
- Professional Development: We invest in your growth with opportunities for learning and advancement in a dynamic technological environment.
- Innovative Environment: Be part of a team that embraces innovation and is always on the cutting edge of technology.
Web and Application Administrator Job Duties:
- Act as a Web and Application subject matter expert (SME), evaluating and developing new application architectures for deployment in Azure, with a focus on cloud-native database services (PaaS vs IaaS).
- Collaborate with various teams to transform technical objectives into comprehensive requirements.
- Build and deploy infrastructure for web and application services.
- Provide comprehensive sustainment of web and application systems, including installation, configuration, patching, upgrades, system hardening, and SSL certificate management.
- Work closely with developers for regular project releases and code deployments.
- Offer troubleshooting support and assist in identifying and planning new cloud services and features.
Web and Application Administrator Required Skills:
- Mid to senior level SQL web and application tier administration experience utilizing tools like IIS, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, or JBOSS.
- Basic system administration knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- Strong communication skills, effective in managing multiple large-scale projects.
- Experience with Gitlab, Azure DevOps Server, or similar; building CI/CD Pipelines.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Containers, and automation of routine administrative tasks.
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts and scripting languages (PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
How to Apply:
Elevate your career with Apex Systems by joining our mission to deliver technological excellence and innovation. Apply now to become a vital part of our dynamic team. Submit your resume and cover letter today.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.