Senior Business Analyst
Job Description:Business AnalystHybrid (1-2 days in office) - El Segundo or San Diego preferred
Apex Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join the team. Qualified candidates should apply online AND send their resume directly to us at [email protected]
- To formulate and define system scope, objectives, and requirements through guideline disciplines, research
- You will lead and/or assist business and technical teams to advance and/or modify processes to provide resolution for a wide range of issues
- Provide the team and breakdown of business and user needs, elicitation, organization and documentation of business requirements, process flows, and translation of business requirements into functional requirements
- Support solution and functional requirement definition
- Self-sufficiently reviewing impacted systems technical and logical design for the ability to lead through creating or updating system/process/data flow diagrams
- Utilize basic SQL skills to perform data queries that range from minimal to moderate in complexity to reinforce analysis as needed in all phases of the project
- You will support design, build, and test phases for assigned projects and collaborate with project managers to develop detailed information.
- Develop a business analysis plan in care of providing meaningful project phase estimates for all business analyst activities, fully taking ownership and accountability for the requirements phase and being highly capable to plan the tasks, effort and duration of all the tasks necessary to complete the BRD, FRD and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field required
- 10+ years experience as a senior level analyst in Analysis, Business systems, both preferrable
- 3+ years experience using Microsoft Office application Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint, online collaboration tools, IM, etc.
- 3+ years experience with excellent meeting facilitation and communication skills
- IIBA certification - Tactical thinking and thought leadership necessary for understanding goals and objectives as well as the detailed activities within a project
- Highly experienced in producing and being able to pick out requirements in a conversation, not necessarily being literally told what the requirement is
- Proven experience in creating epics, user stories and acceptance within tools such as JIRA
- Thorough understanding of guidelines related to release and change management, software development life cycle, workflow and process modeling and diagrams
- Thorough understanding of best practices related to release and change management, software development life cycle, workflow and process modeling and diagrams
- Proficiency in leading through completion of high quality business, functional and non-functional requirement documentation
- Proven talent in ability to work within a virtual teams, including utilizing available tools for efficient meeting facilitations and communications
- Proven talent to drive towards effective and timely results of all tasks and assignments
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.