Industrialization Design Engineer
Industrialization Design Engineer
- Under general direction, supports the introduction of new products to the manufacturing facility in accordance with the RA Common Product Development (CPD) processes.
- Collaborate with lead industrialization engineer and design team to transition PCBA from development to manufacturing.
- Works with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure optimum product and process design for manufacturability.
- Develops and processes associated documentation, estimates manufacturing cost, and initiates execution of prototype and pilot activities.
- Actively serve as the Industrialization representative, with the guidance of senior engineers, on NPI/Continuation Engineering project teams.
- Identify assembly equipment, tooling, and fixture requirements. Potentially, support the procurement, installation, and validation activities.
- Participant in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) analyses. Track product manufacturing cost throughout the NPI project.
- Participant in Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Actively participate in the new product design evaluation process
- Initiate the identification, development and implementation of New Product cost reduction and process improvement projects
- The selected candidate will gain a general understanding of PCB assembly and manufacturing processes.
- S/he will have ability to learn & execute design for manufacturing and design for compliance methodologies associated with printed circuit board assembly. S/he will be become knowledgeable in IPC-A-610 and associated processes.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree or education.
- 0+ years of experience
- Prior Engineering Internship or Co-op experience is preferred
- Professional work background in electronics or related field
- Knowledge of Project Management, Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA)
- PCBA Manufacturing experience or electronics manufacturing exposure preferred.
- Ability to execute transactions in an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP.
- Proficient with CAD and Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Access, Word, Excel)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.