Sr. Controls Engineer
As the Senior Lead Controls Engineer you play a pivotal role in providing leadership and technical expertise for the design, development, and optimization of our industrial control systems. Leading a team of controls engineers, you establish and enforce engineering standards, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional teams to integrate control systems into manufacturing processes. Your responsibilities include project management, troubleshooting, continuous improvement, and fostering an innovative culture. Additionally, you manage relationships with contract controls vendors, ensuring effective collaboration and the successful implementation of projects. This role demands a unique blend of technical proficiency, project leadership, and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards in controls engineering within a dynamic manufacturing environment.
Growth and development are important aspects of this position. Whether you aspire to be a leader or a technical expert, this position will set you up for success in the future.
- Lead and manage a team of controls engineers, fostering collaboration, innovation, and professional development.
- Develop and implement control strategies to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Establish and enforce engineering standards for control system design and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance on the selection and implementation of control hardware and software.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and industry trends, implementing innovations as needed.
- Manage controls engineering projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams to align activities with overall project goals.
- Work with external controls vendors, including contract controls vendors, to ensure effective collaboration and project success.
- Facilitate training sessions for team members and end-users on control system operation and maintenance.
- Create and maintain documentation for control system designs, configurations, and changes, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
We value our employees by providing:
- Competitive compensation based on skills
- Industry leading health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings and profit sharing
- On-site UW Health clinic, fitness center, and walking paths
- Education assistance and internal training programs
- Electric vehicle charging
- Maternity & paternity leave
- Interested in learning more on our robust benefits package we offer? Click here!
Bachelors or better in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, software engineers, and product designers.
Strong problem-solving skills and experience in troubleshooting and debugging complex control systems. This includes the ability to analyze and resolve issues efficiently.
Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in control systems, such as ladder logic, structured text, and Function Block Diagrams (FBD).
Proven expertise in designing and implementing control systems. This includes experience with PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), SCADA systems, and other control hardware.
Experience in managing relationships with control system vendors and suppliers, including evaluating and selecting appropriate technologies and components.
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage control system projects from concept to completion. This includes project planning, resource allocation, and coordination with other engineering disciplines.
Proven ability to lead a team of control engineers, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
Experience in integrating robotics into manufacturing processes. Familiarity with robotic control systems and programming.
Experience working with MES systems and integrating with industrial controls
Experience working in consumer appliance manufacturing.
Proficient in creating and maintaining technical documentation, including specifications, schematics, and manuals.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.