Category Strategy Manager
Job Description:Seeking a Category Strategy Manager for a client of ours in the Fox Valley area. This is a direct hire position. If you meet the qualifications, please send your resume to Olivia at [email protected].
The Category Strategy Manager - Electrical will have a deep understanding of multiple level categories of spend or program/product development and is considered the subject matter expert for a category or group of categories of spend. This role has substantial understanding of influencing market drivers and external forces affecting categories and possible multiple categories of spend for decision making. The Category Strategy Manager builds meaningful relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure value optimization and engagement. This role engages regularly in strategic sourcing and has the ability to formulate, present and gain consensus on category strategies.
• Mentor and coach multiple category managers across the segment.
• Data analytics and critical thinking skill sin multiple categories of spend; ability to connect supply chain impact to the business, drive peak performance of spend categories.
• Subject matter expert on spends category/commodity, market trends and predicting further trends and impacts.
• Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics; responsible for category spend and performance dashboards and spend synergy visibility.
• Advanced and independent and critical thinking skills to formulate business cost/value opportunities.
• Build meaningful relationships with the supply base in order to regularly impact the value proposition.
• Proficient with engineering/technical drawings and understand technical grammar and language of the business and category.
• Oversight for the effective use of supplier preferencing strategy, supplier engagement model and part taxonomy.
• Lead and support supplier contract negotiations and has skills and ability to mentor/coach.
• Leads internal communication for category and connection to the global marketplace.
• Make deep connections between category management, business goals and value proposition.
• Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk and business continuity plans.
• Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
• Lead strategic sourcing initiatives that capture value for the business, may lead or support a council.
• Build open and trusting relationships with team members through Frequent Meaningful Conversations, ensuring individual development plans are in place.
• Develop meaningful relationships with team members and senior leaders across multiple functional areas, lead through influence.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
• Bachelor’s degree with seven (7) or more years of experience within in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, or a related field.
• Relevant industry related certifications.
• Category Strategy experience within the manufacturing industry.
• Experience mentoring and leading team members through direct reporting relationships or project work.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
• Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.