OA/OIT - Functional Active Directory Architect
Job Description:Apex Systems is hiring for a Hybrid Active Directory Architect to support a large client in the Harrisburg, PA area.
This position requires 10 years IT experience and 2-4 years experience in administering Active Directory environments containing multiple sites leveraging Windows Server 2008 and higher.
The position is considered hybrid because candidates may need to report on site to the Harrisburg, PA offices.
If interested in applying, please send a copy of your updated resume to Hannah at [email protected]!
The successful candidate will be a team member managing one of the largest consolidated Active Directory and messaging systems in Central PA. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2019, Exchange 2016, Windows 2022, Windows 2019, Windows 2016, Microsoft 365, and supports more than 100,000 Active Directory accounts and mailboxes.
The position’s primary responsibilities include Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for on-premises Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
The required skills and background are:
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience
- 4 year college degree in related discipline preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in administering Active Directory environments containing multiple sites leveraging Windows Server 2008 and higher
- Strong knowledge in managing Active Directory 2016/2019/2022 infrastructure for the Enterprise.
- Experience with DNS and Key Management Service (KMS).
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Strong experience in PowerShell is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills able to speak directly and professionally.
- Team player.
- Will act as the Senior AD resource in designing, implementation, and support of a highly available multi-domain directory.
- Assists in the development of AD disaster recovery plans with the clients.
- Develop, document, and enforce the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of AD and related systems.
· Microsoft Windows Server certifications
· Microsoft Core Infrastructure certification
· Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator certification
· ITIL v3 or v4 foundations certification
Location: Harrisburg, PA.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full time. Work shift between 8AM - 5PM. Must work overtime when needed. Must be available for on-call support on a rotating basis.
Project Term: June 2025 (Will be extended depending on performance)
Probationary Period – 3 Months
Mobile Phone: Required for infrequent after-hours support and escalations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.