A telecommunications company uses our Project Management as a Service approach to build a team of project coordinators to drive progress across the enterprise.
Our client required a team of project coordinators to fulfill orders while working with a variety of cross-functional teams including Sales, Provisioning, and Systems Design. The team served as a liaison between end users and the clients to ensure projects were completed and moving along at the expected pace. The effort required a large number of resources to be deployed, managed, and retained across three distinct geographic locations.
We implemented a Project Management as a Service (PMaaS) approach, leveraging our workforce management processes. The approach focused on the following:
- Demand planning and resource management
- Customized interviewing and hiring process that eliminated client involvement, saving time and maximizing efficiency
- Standardized onboarding process across all locations
- Customized training program and “boot camp”
- Performance management and ongoing stack ranking of consultants for conversion
- Incentive program to drive overall levels of service and aligned to the client’s metrics
- Bi-weekly lunch and learns to provide additional training and best practices
Increased project velocity
Our overall workforce management approach led to a smooth build out of this new team. The sustained incentive program, training, and performance management reviews have limited turnover and increased velocity of the projects supported. By the conclusion of the engagement, we ranked our team, provided recommendations, and based on the client’s needs, transferred the operations and 60% of the program resources to the client to support further efforts.