DevOps Solutions Architect
Provide technical leadership to the Build Team, which includes designing, developing, and implementing branching strategies for complex applications. The resource will be developing and supporting the release process including but not limited to Continuous Integration/Delivery. This resource will also provide technical guidance to the other Build Engineers in the department and will develop migration and consolidation strategies for DevOps tools.
• Lead and Support implementing best practices for application lifecycle management build and release processes including, but not limited to, automation to support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), branching strategies, automated code review, and testing to meet the goals and mission of the agency.
• Lead and Support all phases of the software development lifecycle related to these systems.
• Recommend a migration and consolidation strategy for DevOps tools.
• Work with the Build team to develop 1. Tool integration strategy 2. Version control strategy 3. Build Strategy 4. Design/implement a release strategy.
• Facilitate Build infrastructure, as needed.
• Automating Building of Application code using Build Pipeline in Azure DevOps
• Troubleshoot Applications and Infrastructure resources hosted in Azure.
• Develop monitors and alerts for errors and performance.
• Work in an Agile environment to support individuals on proper DevOps practices.
• Develop & Support customer environments in Microsoft Azure cloud.
• Lead and Support development teams in technical questions of continuous integration/continuous delivery, and delivery organizations.
• Design, develop, test, and implement build scripts to support build automation and CI/CD
• Lead and Support ongoing analysis of the software releases from end-to-end, keeping a schedule to track releases.
• Work with the Build team to develop release processes, including rollback strategy when required.
• Design and implement application security that complies with State of Michigan policies.
• Provide IT production operation support for critical system(s) based on business schedule and needs.
• Requires five (5) years of experience.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
• 4+ years in a technical position.
• Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
• 3+ years’ experience working in Automation and DevOps.
• Experience in successfully deploying Platform as a Service (PaaS).
• Have excellent problem-solving skills utilizing both internal and external resources to get the job done.
• Strong experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft-based production systems.
• Strong understanding of cloud, automation, and infrastructure.
• Strong troubleshooting skills for Cloud and Automation.
• Self-starter, motivator, and ability to work within a Team and solo.
• 3+ years of Architecture Design, implementation, and support of highly distributed setups (ensure high availability and reliability).
• Ability to connect on-premises technology to Cloud
Pay Range: ~$37-42.50 per hour
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.