Vulnerability Specialist (SCCM)
Please email your updated word resume to [email protected]
This role will configure and install patches for vulnerabilities on all desktops and laptops throughout the company via SCCM. This may also include printer firmware.
Location: Lincoln, RI office - Onsite 5 days a week in our Lincoln, RI office.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, Eastern Time business hours. Potential for rotational off-hours support.
- Advise users in the proper usage of personal computer products based on company approved guidelines and act as technical resource to support the Help Desk, CIS staff and other corporate entities for PC hardware and software.
- Configure, install, and/or upgrade new and existing software on existing desktops, laptops, or printers.
- Perform assessments of vulnerabilities of all priority levels in the form of metrics.
- This will require researching, packaging, and testing software and security patches within SCCM but not limited to working with the business to ensure the deployments are non-disruptive.
- Proven track record with using SCCM to deploy software in an enterprise environment. This person will need to know how to create collections in SCCM from scratch and add targeted devices to the collection.
- Able to write scripts in either PowerShell, SQL, or batch file / command line.
- Strong understanding of the Windows 10/11 registry.
- Experience patching and or upgrading 3rd party applications.
- Motivated self-starter, work with limited supervision and work well in a team setting.
- Experience working with users, business units, vendors, and leadership groups.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel.
- Typically requires a 2-year degree and 3+ years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4+ years of SCCM administration
- 4+ years of patch management
- Strong understanding of vulnerability management
- Intermediate level scripting ability
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.