Field Tech Engineer
- IT Field Support Tech - ** $14.00 - $17.00 / Hourly Rate ** (Chicago, IL) !!
Apex Systems has an Immediate Need for an (Entry Level) IT Field Support Technician to work On-Site in the Chicago, IL Area !! This will be an estimated "6-12+ Month Contract" supporting one of our Largest Government Clients along the East Coast! Please See Below For All Details!
** HOW TO APPLY !! ** Email your Resume to - [email protected]
- Job Title: (Entry Level) IT Field Support Technician
- Location: Chicago, IL Area
- Contract Layout: Estimated "6-12+ Month Contract"
- Contract Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 / Hourly Rate
- Local Travel Details: Chicago Area ( Reimbursed for Gas/Mileage/Tolls/Parking )
- Schedule: 8-5 Mon-Friday Usually w/ Some OT & Weekend Work
*** REQUIREMENTS ***
- US Citizen ** Eligibility **
- 1-2+ Years of IT Support Experience
- Must Have Your Own Transportation & DL
Generic Job Description
This is a customer field support technician role. Travel is based on customer break/fix needs. This person will be working with other field technicians, and it will require daily travel to customers location. Must have a good working vehicle to travel around the local Chicago area. Screenings will be done by the hiring manager and 1 or 2 of his team members all in 1 screening call, Candidate will take required training and/or on the job training by shadowing with an HPE employee. HPE will pay the US Government standard mileage for their travel. HPE will pay for parking when required to support a customer.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves issues within IT infrastructure including HPE Enterprise systems, servers, storage, and networking.
- Understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment and the knowledge to use software tools to perform day-to-day functions and troubleshooting
- Able to perform high volume/low impact tasks in an efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide installation and or break/fix support including component replacement, hardware troubleshooting, and operating system installation.
- Able to proficiently perform data center support tasks with little guidance.
- Operational management tasks including, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.