Job Description:Apex Systems is looking to hire a Field Engineer for one of our clients, if you are interested in applying please send your resume to [email protected]
Role: Field Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 12 months
An Account Support Field Engineer will be responsible for resolving hardware and infrastructure (servers, storage, and network) issues using system analysis techniques and procedures in support of HPE customer data centers.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues within IT infrastructure including HPE & Multi-Vendor Enterprise systems, servers, storage, and networking.
• Understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment and the knowledge to use software tools to perform day-to-day functions and troubleshooting.
• Able to perform high volume/low impact tasks in an efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Provide installation and or break/fix support including component replacement and hardware troubleshooting.
• Able to proficiently perform data center support tasks with little guidance.
• Demonstrate hands-on practical knowledge of systems and policies.
• Operational management tasks include working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities.
• Able to work with a pallet jack and data center server lifting tools. Must be able to lift to 40 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time without assistance.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to follow procedures to make component level repairs using ESD best practices.
• Requires good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
• Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office products.
• Must possess written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be organized and able to document daily activities.
• Ability to maintain successful communication and working relationships with management, peers, and customers at all levels.
• Ability to work both solo and within a team structure.
• Must be willing to work outside of standard business hours and weekends.
• Open to travel for out of state projects.
Experience & Education:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• A basic understanding of Storage theory, Server layout and Network concepts is a plus.
• 1-3 years of technical experience is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.