Electrical Component Engineer
Job Title: Electrical Component Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid Remote)
Salary: $119,000/year + Stock options & Bonuses
- Proactively communicate with the design engineering teams prior to and during the NPI development process to understand current & future needs for new product components; influencing by leveraging your industry experience.
- Establish strong relationships with manufacturers and their associated representatives in the electronics industry to understand product roadmaps and availability to support current and future product development.
- Work with the Category Managers on sourcing decisions that are aligned with their strategies. Seek cross-functional team agreement on discrepancies.
- Work with the sourcing team to develop and ramp component sources for new products and support the NPI team’s efforts to ensure components are purchased in a timely manner for engineering development builds.
- Leverage your technical expertise and industry knowledge to select key strategic components to support product scalability for 5+ year lifecycles.
- Assist the respective Category Managers and cross-functional category teams in developing and executing multidimensional commodity strategies that support the NPI work stream with an emphasis on cost optimization, time to market, technology, quality, supply continuity, supply chain consolidation, service and risk mitigation.
What You Bring:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in component engineering and/or similar role.
- Self-motivated, resourceful with ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment; organized and high attention to detail.
- Analytical, fact based with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence without authority, create win/win situations, and produce positive results.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.