Electrical Engineer PE
Job Description:This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Our client is a full-service engineering, energy commodity consulting, construction management and commissioning firm.
Title: Electrical Engineer
Mid / Senior -level engineering opportunity to develop and participate in growing industry leading business unit delivering system designs and solutions for microgrids, distributed generation systems and grid edge electrical systems. Candidate will be expected to lead design of electrical infrastructure systems and projects, manage electrical projects, respond to Requests for Proposals, develop client and strategic client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform electrical engineering design duties under the supervision of the Director of Electrical Engineering
- Design grid connected power generation systems including electrical single line diagrams, grid interconnection applications, associated balance of electrical systems
- Develop electrical equipment, materials and installation specifications
- Evaluate equipment proposals and review technical submittals
- Assist in project coordination with other engineering disciplines
- Perform calculations and analysis reports: load flow, short circuit, relay & breaker coordination, arc flash, grounding, cable sizing, etc.
- Layout electrical equipment, route conduit, duct-bank and cable systems
- Develop protection/control single line diagrams, control schematic and wiring diagrams, communication/network diagrams
- Support construction in the office and field by reviewing submittals, shop drawings and reports, as well as inspecting installation and oversee testing and commissioning.
- Respond to customer and contractor questions.
- Participate in site surveys and inspections.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Registered and active Professional Engineering license
- High and Medium voltage systems experience
- Must be knowledgeable of local, state and national code requirements.
- Knowledge and experience engineering grid interconnection of power generation systems: internal combustion engines, combustion turbines, PV solar, battery energy storage
- Knowledge and experience engineering/design:
- HV and MV substations connecting to grid
- Knowledge and experience specifying grid connecting switchgear and systems
- Knowledge and experience with one or more electric systems modelling software:
- ETAP, SKM, EasyPower, HOMER
- Knowledge and experience with developing electrical analysis/studies:
- load flow, short circuit, relay coordination, arc flash, harmonics, lightning protection
- Knowledge and experience with developing multifunctional relay/meter configuring and programming files
- Experience in managing and coordinating multidiscipline projects.
- Working knowledge and utilization of Autocad. Revit experience is a plus.
- Must be a good time manager, comfortable with frequent deadlines and transitions.
- Effective at working with other staff members in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to participate in project development, proposal development and growing the business line is highly desirable
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum 6+ years professional experience with proven progression in engineering, particularly in power, distributive generation, or related field.
- Experience in executing a multi-discipline projects utilizing AutoCad or Revit programs.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.