.Net Software Engineer
Come put your software engineering skills into action! Our client’s Software Factory has openings for talented Software Engineers at various career level (Tech Lead, Senior, Mid-Level & Junior) to come work in our state-of-the-art facility in Mechanicsburg, PA. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Active DoD-issued Secret Security Clearance or ability to meet the requirements to attain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-7+ years of software engineering experience.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and SecDevOps best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
Basic Skill Qualifications
- Hands-on expertise with C# object-oriented programming.
- Hands-on experience with ASP.Net MVC, .Net Core and .Net 5+ and experience building in microservice applications.
- Strong experience with SQL Server, including writing T-SQL.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as .NET.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Azure DevOps or Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.