Technician-Systems - III
***If interested in the opportunity below please email a copy of your resume to [email protected]***
Position: System Technician
Location: St Louis, MO
30 Month Contract
- Our Network Systems Assurance Team keeps our highly reliable network operating at optimum levels for our customers.
- As a Network Systems Assurance Engineer, you’ll be building, implementing, and evolving our highly complex network to support the needs of our customers.
- You will be responsible for the advanced installation and configuration of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Centers and transport hubs.
- You will also be responsible for updating systems with site-specific information and composing clear and concise reports for system documentation.
- You will perform your duties independently, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- You will resolve equipment and software issues, perform upgrades, configure and administer multiple vendor systems.
- You will also coordinate installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities as well as Ethernet back-haul circuits.
- Inspecting, analyzing, and troubleshooting systems and equipment.
- Testing, scoping, cleaning, installing fiber jumpers and SFP’s
- Generating and implementing router configurations using software tools
- Database verification and inputs as part of new network implementations
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Ability to scope, clean, connect fibers Familiarity with Layer 2 and 3 networks - configuration, implementation, routing protocols
- Familiarity with Fujitsu 9500 and/or S100 layer 2 platforms
- Familiarity with Nokia SR routing platform Familiarity with Ciena routing platform
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.