The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting clear, unambiguous, and testable business requirements from the client, and understanding the business requirements thoroughly to communicate business need and system functionality to technical and non-technical stakeholders, project team members, and the user community.
The Business Analyst is responsible for working with the project team and stakeholders to examine existing and future-state business processes, data, and systems. This information is used to guide the gathering of business requirements as they relate to the desired system functionality.
• Responsible for documenting business requirements that are clear, unambiguous, testable, and satisfy the business need in accordance with standard templates and adherence to policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Responsible for facilitating requirement gathering meetings to identify impacted business processes and document the project business requirements.
• Responsible for adhering to the project schedule by developing and maintaining the project backlog during Agile projects and working with the product owner to set priority throughout the duration of project.
• Responsible for understanding project scope and actively monitoring requirements process to maintain adherence to the objectives set for the project.
• Responsible for understanding high-level information governance objectives and ensuring appropriate Stakeholder inclusion and/or awareness regarding data requirements.
• Responsible for appropriate resolution of critical IT issues as it pertains to the BA role.
• Responsible for understanding project specific benefits and related impact of changes to project scope or business requirements.
• Ensures SEM deliverables for the project that are a responsibility of the BA are completed, reviewed, and approved in alignment with area processes.
• Works directly with project team including user interface/user experience (UI/UX) designers, tech leads, solution architects, database administrators, developers, QA testers, and technical writers to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, and scalability of the IT solution.
• Business Analyst Experience – 5+ Years
• Professional Experience in Agile environment – 5+ Years
• Experience with testing.
• Quickly acting on projects needed with sense of urgency and efficiency.
• Ability to work within a team environment and communicate (both written and oral) to clients/customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.