Field Technician (Eugene) (SOW)
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Robotic Field Engineer role. This is a 5+ month contract position. Here are the details:
Position: Robotic Field Engineer
Location: Eugene, OR
Duration: 5+ month contract (potential for extension or conversion)
- The Robotic Field Engineer will have the ability to manage all Operational issues with System Software, Bots, Structure, Stations, and will prioritize daily activities at customer site.
- Work with Support team to proactively identify issues impacting Operations and address them during planned downtime window.
- The Robotics Field Engineer is a flexible, hands-on individual who has electro-mechanical aptitude and familiarity with Linux/command line and can manage customer relationship.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage system operations and resolve system issues on day-to-day basis.
- Effective communication with on-site Ops team and Support team.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all Robotic and Structure issues causing operational interruptions.
- Collect information on any system issue identified on daily basis and provide feedback to Support team.
- Implement any recommendations from Alert Support team and provide updates.
- Perform any engineering recommended upgrade or rework.
- Complete Quality checklist and send it to the appropriate Alert Lead.
- Maintain all electro-mechanical tools, and spare parts in good condition at all-times.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 2 miles daily
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices.
- Position will require working in a shift schedule including holidays and weekends.
- Flexibility with work hours and days to support 7 days a week operation (including holidays).
- Self-motivated and customer centric.
- 2+ years of electro-mechanical technician work, Associate degree with two years of experience in the Robotics, Mechanical or Electrical field or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience and/or exposure in the following areas:
- Automated system and software-based controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Technical skills including familiarity with Linux, Java, XML, SQL, databases, and PLC programs
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- Degree with a focus in the Robotics, Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Self-motivated, customer centric and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Leadership experience/aptitude and ability to mentor others.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.