Sr. Industrial Engineer- Assembly
Please review the job description and requirements below, then send your up to date resume to Wyatt Swaney via [email protected]
Our client looks for team members who are driven by innovation and excellence, striving to serve our customers by doing what is right—with integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
Senior Industrial Engineer – Assembly, focus will be to bring experience and thorough process evaluation to drive efficient facility layout and product/process flow to our New Product Development (NPD) projects as part of our Manufacturing Engineering team.
We are seeking an experienced motivated individual with an analytical and hands on approach to provide technical expertise to the manufacturing engineering staff in our assembly team. This role will drive our efforts to effectively plan, design and implement assembly processes across the organization.
The right individual in this position will consistently apply engineering methods of process evaluation, equipment requirement generation, process evaluation, assembly line design and documentation to NPD and functional projects.
- Create and implement efficient workstation and work cell layouts for optimal use of manpower and floor space to support New Product Development (NPD) projects
- Conduct manufacturing layout/capacity feasibility analysis
- Provide data collection, analysis and optimization from NPD/prototype builds in support of production assembly process
- Review process plans and collaborate with process engineering team to analyze process flow, facility layouts, line balance, work instruction, time standards and process control
- Develop assembly process management tools to support manpower calculation, line balancing, time studies, and work instruction creation/maintenance
- Support training initiatives for industrial engineers throughout the organization
- Participate in NPD project team design reviews, DFM/DFA reviews, PFMEAs and control plan reviews with feedback and recommended solutions
- Provide input to project budgets for new product launch
- Create and maintain product and process specific ERP data
- Support the product change process throughout NPD process and product launch
We value our employees by providing:
- Competitive compensation based on skills
- Industry leading health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings and profit sharing
- Education assistance and internal training programs
- Electric vehicle charging
- Maternity & paternity leave
Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years, working in a Manufacturing Engineering role with progressive growth in responsibilities, 8+ years preferred
- Working knowledge of task-based risk assessment
- Working knowledge of common assembly techniques and needs; fastening, tape application, riveting, material handling and ergonomics
- Motion based time standard generation
- Ability to create and maintain facility layouts in CAD
- Thorough knowledge of ERP, MES and PLM systems
- Participation in installation and start up sub assembly cells and entire assembly lines
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Coordination and evaluation of task-based risk assessment
- Discrete event simulation
- Line balance of assembly lines with high variation
- Full assembly line capacity evaluation and recommendation
- Data driven continuous improvement implementation
- Appliance manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.