Sr. Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly
This newly created position will work cross functionally to lead the start-up of our new Cedar Rapids, IA facility. Growth and development are important aspects of this position. Whether you aspire to be a leader or a technical expert, this position will set you up for success in the future.
This is a Permanent/Direct Hire Position w/ flexible salary, bonus, profit sharing and more.
This candidate can either sit out of Madison, WI and be open to moving to Cedar Rapids in 2025 or sit in Cedar Rapids, IA and come one site to Madison, WI 2-3 days a week until 2025 (travel paid for).
We are seeking an experienced motivated individual with an analytical and hands on approach to provide technical leadership as we start-up a new manufacturing facility. This role will lead our efforts to plan effective assembly line process and layout and bring the full assembly line into production.
The right individual in this position will own all aspects of the assembly process start to finish, including: Defining the process, designing the layout, purchasing the equipment, overseeing the installation, and supporting production.
- Lead projects (planning through implementation) to select, order, design, install, and start-up the assembly process to build world class refrigeration products.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering functions, manufacturing operations, and stakeholders to analyze process data on existing operations and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Research and analyze process technology and methodology to implement solutions for cost efficient and robust assembly processes
- Support other industrial and manufacturing engineering functions as needed
- Hands on approach to assembly process design and implementation
Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Experience analyzing product flow analysis and generating efficient layouts
- Experience with Task Based Safety risk assessment and validation process
- Experience with the assembly of product
- Experience with time standard and work instruction generation
- Thorough knowledge of product conveyance and material handling systems. Including robust system design and design for functional safety
- Minimum of 5 years, working in a Manufacturing Engineering role with progressive growth in responsibilities, 7+ years preferred
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles
- Experience with MES and ERP systems
- Experience installing and starting up various assembly processes
- Understanding of MTM time standard generation
- Experience with SPC
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.