Solar Construction Manager
Apex Systems is actively hiring for a Solar Construction Manager role with a Fortune 200 Renewable Energy Client!
This position is designated as hybrid with preferred candidates working in West Palm Beach, Florida
**For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume in a Word Document to: Alex at [email protected]*
Position: Solar Construction Manager
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Purpose: This contractor will be responsible for overseeing all aspects solar plant construction
Experience: 1+ years of relatable professional experience in engineering, consulting, or project management preferred.
Hours: M-F, 40 hours per week.
Length of Assignment: 12 month contract
To act as the Owner’s representative to oversee all aspects solar plant construction including: interconnect, site work, owner purchased material, safety, startup and commissioning, and project close out. This position is responsible for the overall management of the team and assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Employees in this role manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to construct, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
- Works collaboratively with resources and sub suppliers in various disciplines to determine project priorities, schedule and work plans to meet milestones
- Manages sub tier suppliers to the requirements outlined in contracts or purchase orders as the lead manager and administrator.
- Manage onsite company representative staff (Inspectors)
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly on progress, indicators, and recovery plans to upper management
- Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures, local regulations, contracts and policies
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
- Leads project meetings and reviews budget, schedule, quality, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
- Interfaces with projects designated management committees or third parties, and acts as lead Company representative of project activities
- Manage execution requirements stipulated in the Interconnect Agreement, Purchase Power Agreement, and Independent System Operator to achieve back-feed, sync and commercial operation
- Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
- Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
- Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Engineering, Construction Management, professional career in construction with past experience in Industrial or power markets. A background in electrical and utilities is preferred.
- People management
- Computer skills MS word, Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Communication to third parties and executives
- Schedule and planning understanding
- Construction means and methods knowledge
- Management means and methods knowledge
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.