Job Description:Job Title: Staff Auditor
Client: Energy, Oil and Gas
Duration: Permanent – Full time Position
Location: San Antonio, TX, Houston, TX or Findlay, OH (4 days onsite, 1 day remote)
*Travel requirement: 25 - 35%*
Compensation: $66,000-$80,000 DOE
*If interested and qualified in this position, please reach out to the technical recruiter, Nicole, at [email protected]
The Financial Operations Auditor incumbent plans, organizes, and conducts financial and operational audits. This role will include interaction with the other departments not only ensuring maintenance of policies, procedures, and controls but sharing best practices.
Successful candidate will be an independent strong starter with attention to detail, drive to accomplish goals and focus on quality results. This individual has strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams.
- Consistently fosters and maintains active relationships with audit individuals (client) and with the audit department to facilitate audit execution. Utilizes discussions with client to identify potential auditable activities and changing risk profiles.
- Conducts business unit interviews to further understanding of business unit processes subject to audit, preparing narratives and walkthroughs and completing assigned research areas.
- Assists with designing and documenting an appropriate audit program and test plan to address all risks in assigned areas. Completes testing on assigned areas utilizing knowledge of business processes, key accounting principles, auditing standards, Company policies, and relevant regulatory rules and regulations. Gathers sufficient evidence of control execution and including use of data analytics to select the optimal samples for testing. Validates potential exceptions with audit clients and performs self-review of work.
- Logically and concisely documents work performed to support observations and conclusions utilizing established documentation protocol. Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time.
- Assists with ensuring risks are appropriately identified, ranked, and articulated in the Risk and Control Matrix (RACM), and the audit is appropriately scoped to include relevant risks/controls for testing. Participates in advisory reviews for new processes and systems design to provide an independent assessment of project management and control effectiveness.
- Actively communicates in a courteous and professional manner with individuals subject to audit, works collaboratively with clients on identified issues for acceptable and feasible solutions. Participates in opening and closing conferences with clients, to ensure audit focus and priority is understood and accepted by audit clients. As well as keeps the audit lead and audit manager informed of audit status and responds accordingly to supervisor review and feedback.
- Documents test of control results logically and concisely in conformance with department methodology; annotate workpapers sufficiently to support Lead and Manager reviews; ensure conclusions reached on control effectiveness are sufficiently supported.
- Assists in documenting complete and accurate observations (on control design and effectiveness) to share with audit clients; Communicate control observations with audit clients prior to the exit meeting.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, Accounting and/or Finance major preferred.
- 2+ years of professional audit, accounting or business experience is required. Related professional internship experience may be considered as part of the 2 years experience.
- Professional Certifications are preferred: Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Large company experience is preferred
- Critical thinking skills to identify risk, analyze, and offer solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, detail oriented, and organized
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be able to work with personnel at all levels of the organization
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.