Philadelphia, PA (University City Section) – 100% on-site.
6 Month+ Contract - likely extension
The Facilities Specialist will troubleshoot, repair and maintain facilities that includes infrastructure, utilities and equipment while ensuring the systems’ safety, compliance and cGMP regulatory when applicable. Maintains the overall facilities integrity and functionality by following established Preventive Maintenance (PMs) procedures and actively participates in troubleshooting activities by submitting and performing adequate Work Orders (WOs). Participates in the development and/or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and follows it when performing any work in cGMP areas or when it is applicable. Responds to critical facility equipment issues to eliminate safety concerns and minimize operational downtime. When necessary, coordinates and executes internal and external request for repairs, service and maintenance to facilities and equipment.
• Works under Facility management’s direction to plan, schedule and/or perform all maintenance activities that include routinely Preventive Maintenance (PM) and daily, emerged troubleshooting.
• Performs and oversees scheduled maintenance activities (PMs) and repairs to the utilities systems
• (i.e. HVAC, liquid/gases systems, waste systems, etc.) and other mechanical systems and equipment throughout the facility.
• Perform daily walkthroughs and periodic inspections of the facilities infrastructures that includes buildings, utilities and equipment. Utilize, manage, and schedule outside resources, as required. Maintains Facility documentation in audit ready status at all times.
• Creates and maintains document (i.e. records, reports) related to Facilities work, following GDP (Good Documentation Practices) and other cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) when applicable.
• Maintains inventory of basic supplies-spare parts for utilities and process equipment.
• Partakes in the installation, set-up and commissioning required for critical utility systems, process and analytical equipment.
• If necessary, schedules and manages the outside resources when it is required.
• Ensures compliance with safety, site procedures and all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) when it is applicable.
• Fosters Spark Core Values, the teamwork environment and continuously supports the company’s growth and success.
• Other duties as requested or assigned by management.
• BS degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
• 1-2 years’ experience in cGMP environment is preferred.
• Previous experience servicing and maintaining building/facilities and process equipment and performing calibration checks on critical utility systems and process equipment
• Able to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Proficient with electrical/mechanical test equipment.
• Familiarity with Building Management Systems (BMS) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements regarding safety, hazardous chemicals, etc.
• Working knowledge of GXP compliance as well as ICH and FDA guidelines.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
• Attention to detail, effectiveness and efficiency when performing work.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively and work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Good knowledge of building, mechanical and industrial principles
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skill
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed to manage repairs and services when necessary.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.