Title: Inventory Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Schedule: Part time (1-2 days per week) and weekend work
Target Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
- Candidate must have flexibility in working hours. Positions may vary from 24 hours to 48 hours per week and may require working on Saturdays and Sundays. The month of December, during a Congressional election year, is normally the greatest hourly workload month.
- Personnel may not be needed throughout the entire period of performance.
- Work performed more than 40 hours per week shall be approved in advance, in writing, by the COR/supervisor/manager. The House shall not make payment for any services provided more than 40 hours per week unless the contractor obtains prior written approval from the COR/supervisor/manager.
- Business casual attire appropriate for position. A company shirt must be provided if required for this position.
- Must be able to follow directions, and function effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with codes and safety regulations from OSHA and other government agencies – will be provided upon award. Note: Safety shoes required for Inventory and Equipment Specialist and are the responsibility of the contractor.
- Parking and/or transit benefits are not provided for any contractor by USHOR.
- Knowledge of and experience in the legislative environment, particularly within the U.S. House of Representatives, is beneficial.
- Must successfully complete a criminal history records check [or other applicable security clearance].
- Ability to safely lift to 75 lbs. Physical mobility is required, involving walking, crouching, bending, and lifting.
- Proven ability using an automated financial system such as PeopleSoft, Workday, or Deltek.
- Assist in conducting an annual physical inventory of all existing assets using scanner technology.
- Generate reports as requested by management.
- Ensure all House property is handled properly to prevent damage.
- Experience setting priorities and ensuring timely completion of deliverables (performing annual physical inventory, reconciling, receiving and disbursement of assets) overseen by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Minimum High School Graduate or GED with 2 years’ experience working in asset management, logistics, warehouse operations and/or inventory.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with high-profile customers (Members of Congress and staff).
- The ability to effectively communicate in English through strong oral and written skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to multi-task, in a high paced environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.