A health insurance payer streamlines billing processes with an Online Bill Pay (OLBP) system.
Our client was seeking a partner to help them build an Online Bill Pay (OLBP) portal that would enable groups to manage their employee rosters and reflect applicable changes in billing statements. Their internal teams lacked the bandwidth and technical skill sets to implement a project of this scale, and we were selected to help because of our proven history providing effective Agile solutions.
We implemented a phased approach to this project, where phase one focused on understanding the business requirements, designing a solution roadmap, and building a backlog for project execution. In the second phase, we built a team to execute on the strategy and design implementation. We provided a hybrid team of domestic and nearshore consultants in our Mexico Delivery Center (MDC) including a delivery lead, scrum master, business analyst, front and back-end developers, QA tester, and DevOps and cloud engineer. Our team also established proper risk escalation paths to identify and mitigate issues, minimizing risk and dependencies for our client. Services the team provided included:
Developed a minimum viability product that exceeded functionality
- Build-out of technology and platform environments
- Developing backlog, groom backlog, and sprint planning
- Building and testing user stories for each sprint cycle including unit tests and code reviews
- Performing system integration testing, user acceptance, and end-to-end testing
- Implementing practices around platform, development practices, test automation, CI/CD and AWS cloud technologies for the implementation of the portal
Our engagement team effectively delivered the OLBP portal on time, despite numerous dependencies that caused delays in timing. As a result of our solution, client stakeholders were asked to demo the application to the C-suite as a shining example for how our project approach and partnership can be leveraged for future work.