Sr. Clinical Data Manager
Job Description:Apex Systems is looking for a Clinical Data Manager to join a Fortune 500 Client based in Burlingame, CA. If interested please send your resume to Ashley Bocklet at [email protected]
- Position: Clinical Data Manager
- Location: 2-3 Days Onsite in Burlingame California
- Contract: 12 months with the likelihood to extend
- Pay: $80-$90 Hourly Dependent on Experience
- ** You must be able to apply without sponsorship**
Apex Systems is working with a Health Technology Team seeking a Clinical Research Data Manager to work with the digital health technology team to execute data quality reviews for digital health projects. The overall responsibility is to ensure high-quality data collection for fast-paced clinical studies. The ideal candidate will have experience/expertise in the development, execution, and management of data collection and data quality review for clinical/health outcomes research studies, clinical trials, and/or digital health research studies. The candidate should also have experience in analyzing clinical data sets to confirm quality using Python. They should be comfortable in quick iteration cycles, working with engineers, to learn, adapt, and build high-throughput data collection systems. Some data collection systems may be built from the ground up, and the candidate should embrace a fast-paced environment where we “figure it out” as we go.
The ideal candidate brings experience in digital health data quality assurance, and project planning and is strong in execution. In this role, the candidate will work closely with interdisciplinary teams of product managers, engineers, clinicians, and researchers to validate novel digital approaches to measuring and improving health and wellness. They will execute and troubleshoot novel data quality review approaches and play an essential role in building an efficient infrastructure for high-quality data collection that powers the next era of digital health tools.
Senior Clinical Research Data Manager - Responsibilities
- Develop data management plans including coding, reporting, and data review process
- Monitor and troubleshoot data collection in near real-time, ensuring data are accurately captured, in compliance with regulatory authority requirements and Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- Proactively identify potential data management issues/risks and recommend/implement solutions.
- Gain familiarity with the pipeline and data collection practices, to serve as a resource for troubleshooting data collection issues.
- Helps improve existing tools and helps build new tools to increase data review efficiency by collaborating with clinician-scientists and engineers and providing end-user feedback.
- Generate and maintain reports for data review status and progress.
- Strong Python coding to generate summaries and reports from standardized data sets
- Experience in clinical trial data quality assurance
- Experience in clinical/health outcomes research, digital health technology assessment
- MUST HAVE Experience in digital health, time series signals, physiological signals (ECG Experience, Sleep Signals, Blood Pressure etc.)
- Experience working in multidisciplinary research and/or product development teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in identifying and explaining data collection issues
- Ability to travel 15%
- Industry working experience in consumer/digital health technology product development and/or research, with a demonstration of success working within and across multidisciplinary teams (e.g. project/product managers, software engineers, research scientists, machine learning data scientists).
- Experience in planning and executing human subject studies for consumer/digital health technologies and/or innovative medical or health devices.
- Assist the Clinical Research Program Manager and clinical team members with developing and implementing case report forms, data standards, and software development efforts.
- Advanced degree preferred, PhD in biomedical engineering or equivalent
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.