Electrical Controls Engineer
Our client is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer to join their team in the Joliet, IL area
As a member of their team, you will help support and transform the chemical manufacturing culture to an efficient and effective workplace, implementing processes and tools using Total Production Management (TPM) strategies.
What You Will Do:
- Provide engineering / technical support to manufacturing and maintenance operations in the troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of electrical equipment and automated systems
- Provide engineering background for continuous improvement of manufacturing operations through the design, selection and installation of new equipment and systems as well as the improvement of existing equipment.
- Provide for the continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and equipment. Assures maximum reliability of equipment, processes and procedures.
- Incorporates PLC programming enhancements to the production process that provide reliable production operation, reduce electrical energy cost, reduced cycle time and increase the tons per hour productivity.
- Provide daily standard work for networks and servers.
- Troubleshoots networking and server issues.
- Create and maintain current documentation of equipment and systems.
- Build team responsibilities among various departments in order to facilitate project goals of Safety, Production, Equipment, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Participate as a team member of the production process team, utilizing LEAN concepts of improving productivity through efficiency.
- Develop the architecture, PLC logic programming and HMI operator interface for production equipment.
- Facilitate projects including operational specifications, sequence of operation, schematic drawings, PLC logic programming, installation drawings, onsite commissioning and validation of the system design.
- Design and specify machine and gauge control systems; integrated automation including robotics and servo controls; HMI systems; and data collection systems, according to company design standard
- Provide training to reliability technicians, including writing and developing standard operating procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering OR 10 + years in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
· 3 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
· 3 years of experience PLC and HMI troubleshooting and programming experience
· No immigration sponsorship available for this position
· Thorough knowledge of VMWare ESXi and virtualized environments
· Experience with disaster recovery software such as Veritas or Veeam
· Experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting managed switch configuration, VLANs, firewalls, and general networking issues
· Experience maintaining SQL databases
· Rockwell Automation PLC experience with RS Logix and Control Logix programming
· Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk & AssetCentre experience
· Wonderware experience
· Networking and Stratus server experience
· Strong troubleshooting skillset in a deadline-driven environment
· Familiar with ARC Flash safety requirements and NFPA 70E
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.