Location: Madison, WI
A leading manufacturer client in Madison, WI is looking for a CAD Engineer. Growth and development are important aspects of this position. Whether you aspire to be a leader or a technical expert, this position will set you up for success in the future.
The CAD Engineer performs all the activities involved in managing and supporting Engineering applications used by the client. They work under the direction of a Business System Analyst to help ensure the applications work together to support the business process requirements. They will review, analyze, and modify engineering related applications including the installation, configuration, testing and debugging of assigned systems. A strong understanding of CAD and manufacturing CAM\\CAE software applications must be possessed along with experience working with engineering business processes. This position will primarily focus on 3D CAD administration and manufacturing CAE related applications.
- Provide third level support to end users to resolve Engineering related software issues
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform the installation and configuration of the software at both the desktop and server levels.
- Ensure that system functional documentation remains current, including systems specification documents and flowcharts
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the testing and installation of service packs, patches, and hot fixes on desktop and server levels. This includes performing post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing Engineering software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of engineering related software
We value our employees by providing:
- Competitive compensation based on skills
- Industry leading health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings and profit sharing
- On-site UW Health clinic, fitness center, and walking paths
- Education assistance and internal training programs
- Electric vehicle charging
- Maternity & paternity leave
- Interested in learning more on our robust benefits package we offer?
Familiarity and experience with major Windows based applications.
- Experience working inside a PLM environment.Experience installing and managing Manufacturing CAM/CAE related software.
- Experience with ANSYS Engineering Simulation.
- ???????Previous work with Windows based server side software installs.
- ???????SolidWorks experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.