Electrical PM

Job#: 2024821

Job Description:

Apex Systems is looking to hire an Electrical Project Manager for one of our top clients in the Jacksonville, FL area! This will be a 6 month Contract To Hire with a Monday-Friday first shift schedule. The selected candidate will be working in the office 70% of the time and the remaining 30% will be out in the field (Jacksonville area only). If you are interested, please apply and we will reach out right away!

WHAT YOULL BE DOING

  • Oversight for all project phases, including coordinating workers, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
  • Review design drawings for conformance with regulations, project specifications, and local and national standards.
  • Prepare RFIs and track/document responses.
  • Prepare and track product submittals.
  • Direct the purchasing of major buyout items and subcontractors.
  • Attend jobsite meetings as required and walk with foreman a minimum of once a week.
  • Provide support, guidance, and expertise to the field operations and engineering teams.
  • Manage project schedules and manpower planning forecasts.
  • Interface with customers, including contractors, end users, and building inspectors.
  • Read and interpret project specifications and system designs on blueprints.
  • Ability to estimate and propose change orders on projects.
  • Provide monthly updates to project budgets, including cost to completes.
  • Responsible to ensure all employees embrace our safety culture and comply with all safety initiatives.

WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT YOU

  • 2+ years of experience as a project manager in the electrical construction industry.
  • 3+ years of electrical field experience.
  • Knowledge of current code NFPA 70, 72, 101, and Florida building code.
  • Strong technical understanding of materials and methods used in the installation of electrical projects.
  • Customer-focused, skilled in project and people management.
  • Ability to manage job scheduling and job progress in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a strong focus on quality.
  • Valid driver’s license.
  • Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
  • Able to read blueprints, technical drawings, and diagrams; and follow specifications.
  • Able to work independently.
  • Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude.
  • Excellent organizational, decision-making, and communication skills.
  • Good computer skills, proficient at Microsoft Office.
  • Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
  • Certified Project Manager

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EEO Employer

Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.

Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.

Employee Type:
Contract

Location:
Jacksonville, FL, US

Job Type:

Date Posted:
April 15, 2024